This mixed media Father's Day card is a great excuse to pull out all your supplies and get messy!
How to Make a Mixed Media Father's Day Card
1. Print the word dad in a large, symmetrical font on a sheet of cardstock. These letters are approximately 2.5" high and 2" wide.
2. Turn the printed sheet of cardstock over and start painting on the reverse side. Allow one color to dry before adding more, building up fun layers as you progress.
3. Add texture by spreading gesso onto your layers of paint.
4. Once the surface is dry, add stamped words in a contrasting color. Allow the ink to fully dry.
5. Cut out each letter from the cardstock, using the printed letters as a guide. Adhere each letter to a piece of self adhesive cork sheet, painted side up.
6. Cut out each letter from the cork using your 6" Amplify® Mixed Media Shears
7. With a metallic marker, add detail to the stamped words.
8. Mount the letters on the front of a blank card.