Bring a meaningful touch to your Thanksgiving celebrations and set your table with handcrafted elements.
Thanksgiving Table Decorations
Creating a memorable and inviting Thanksgiving spread for you and your family doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive. Let the delicious food provide the warmth and texture for the table. These extra little details will just enhance the table settings. This article walks you through how to make four easy and coordinating elements to decorate your Thanksgiving table.
To Make The Table Runner:
1. Use the Adjustable Three-Position Rotary Cutter to cut linen fabric to fit your table. If necessary, sew two pieces together to achieve the correct length. This adjustable rotary cutter is ideal for cutting multiple layers of fabric due to the ergonomic power position.
2. Hem the two short ends of the table runner.
3. Create a binding to attach along the side lengths of the runner. Use your rotary cutter and Acrylic Ruler to cut 2" wide strips of contrasting patterned fabric. Sew each strip together to create enough length to cover each side of the table runner.
4. Press the binding in half lengthwise, and then press the raw edges of the binding in toward the center fold.
5. Pin the right side of the binding to the right side of the table runner and sew 1/4" from the raw edges.
6. Fold the binding over toward the back of the table runner. Tuck the fold under to conceal the raw edge and hand stitch down. Repeat for the second side of the runner.
To Make The Place Cards:
1. Use the ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer to trim burlap paper to 4.5" x 3". This trimmer is perfect for cutting through heavy-weight materials as well as multiple sheets of cardstock and paper.
2. Next, trim cardstock to 4" x 2.5".
3. Use the RazorEdge™ Micro-Tip® Easy Action™ Shears to trim a length of ribbon. Tie a small bow in one side and glue the ribbon to the cardstock. Add guests' names with stickers.
4. Glue the cardstock to the burlap paper and mount the place cards on a small wooden stand.
To Make The Menu Boards:
1. Use the ProCision™ Rotary Bypass Trimmer to cut cardboard measuring 4.5" x 9".
2. Type your menu on your computer and print. Add a design from the Celebrate Family Clear Stamp Set and use the Easy Stamp Press for precise positioning and accurate alignment.
3. Attach the menu to the trimmed cardboard and use a miniature bulldog clip to keep the menu in place.
To Make The Glass Votive Holders:
1. Use your Micro-Tip® Shears again to trim a length of flat leather lace and wrap it around a glass vase.
2. Apply a spot of adhesive intermittently to the back of the leather as you wrap it around the glass to secure.
As a final detail, try laminating sheets of patterned cardstock to create a set of simple placemats that can be easily wiped down.
Click here xhtml:id="__mce_tmp" for more ideas on making your Thanksgiving special