Recycle and give a new life to some of your old T-shirts
Simple T-Shirt Knit Cushion Cover
This is an easy way to create your own 'yarn' to knit. The yarn is bulky and full of texture, which creates beautiful knit fabric.
1. Using the Rotary Ruler and Cutter combo, cut strips along the width of the t-shirt bottom, at one inch wide.
2. To form your yarn, you need to cut open the seam at the bottom of the t-shirt.
3. Similarly cut along the seam of t-shirt at the end of each strip.
4. Wind yarn into a ball and now its time to knit! For a 16x16 inch cushion, use a size 19 needle and cast on 26 stitches. You will change color every seven rows. One t-shirt yielded enough yarn to knit about seven rows. When you use two different white T-shirts the color might not match exactly and having a contrasting color in between helps a lot.
5. To form the back of the cushion cover, cut a square from leather (or pleather) using the Rotary Ruler and Cutter combo at 16 ½ x 16 ½ inches.
6. Pierce holes at equal intervals using the 1/8th inch Circle Hand Punch.
7. Stitch all around the pillow, joining the front and back of the cushion cover.
8. Insert your pillow form before you are complete and finish stitching it closed.