Are your kids at camp? Let them know you're missing them while they're away by crafting this cute little card.
Handmade Cards for Your Little Campers
Sleep-away camp is filled with fun, but it can be a difficult time too when kids struggle with homesickness. Taking a little time to craft a card and send a little note from home letting them know they are missed can work wonders to lift spirits.
The color palette and textures chosen for this project can be very "vintage cabin" inspired.
1. Use your Fiskars LED SureCut paper trimmer to cut an 8" x 6" piece of heavy white cardstock. Fold in half, and crease the fold.
2. Cut a 3.5" x 5.5" piece of wood grain paper. Then round the corners with your scissors or ¼ Corner Round Squeeze Punch.
3. Cut a band of coordinating patterned paper measuring 2.5" x 3.5".
4. Glue the wood grain paper to the card base and the band to the wood grain paper as pictured.
5. Print out the sentiment "I COULDN'T POSSIBLY MISS YOU ANY S'MORE THAN I DO" on heavy white cardstock. Cut it out using your paper trimmer, and mount it on a slightly larger scrap of plaid paper. Glue in the upper section of the card base.
6. Use your favorite crafting scissors to cut out several "rocks" from craft foam sheets in shades of gray.
7. Cut some tiny logs for your fire from the wood grain paper.
8. Cut a thin branch from the wood grain paper and a marshmallow from a white craft foam sheet. Attach your marshmallow to the branch with an adhesive foam dot.
9. Cut a few flames for the fire from red tissue paper.
10. Build your "fire pit" by attaching the rocks to the card with adhesive foam dots. Criss-cross the logs in the center of the pit and attach with foam dots.
11. Glue in the flames.
12. And add your toasting marshmallow and branch.