Xact Warranty Conditions
Fiskars Xact™ digging tools have been crafted by using advanced technical manufacturing and materials. Our products are tested and perform excellently for the activities and environments they were created for. Sometimes no matter how careful we are errors may occur in the manufacturing process. To assure that our customers will have the best possible usage experience we claim 25 Year international Limited Warranty on the manufacturing defect of the entire Xact digging range.
This warranty is valid exclusively in the Territory of European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Kazakhstan.
The following conditions apply to the Warranty:
This Warranty does not cover damage due to normal wear and tear, inappropriate use, accident, loss of product, abuse, negligence or modification of the product.
- Warranty does not apply when products are used to other purposes than that they’re originally intended for and when products are used for commercial/professional or hire purposes
- Warranty does not cover products that have been subjected to repairs or repair attempts not authorized by Fiskars
Warranty excludes damage as a result of:
- Failure to notify the retailer/Fiskars within a reasonable time of the damage occurring;
- Deliberately causing damage to the product resulting from use which is not intended for the product;
- In-use wearing;
- Extreme temperatures; Heat, flame, continuous heat above +40 degrees celsius or under -30 degrees celsius
- Failure to adhere to appropriate care such as cleaning the product after use and storing away from weather and direct sunlight
- The use of unsuitable cleaning methods or substances; such as acids or solvents
- Defects caused by weather conditions; such as rusting or alteration in color.
- The warranty is not valid in particularly aggressive or corrosive climates such as marine or industrial or constant contact with water, chemicals, ash, cement or dust
If you find fault with the workmanship or materials of your Fiskars XactTM product, you should submit the product and a warranty claim to the store from where you have bought the item. Warranty claims must be submitted in writing within thirty (30) days from the time the defect is or should have been discovered. The claim must include the owner’s name, address and telephone number, proof and date of the purchase, nature of the defect and the date when it was first discovered. The product may also be returned by regular mail to the store the item is bought from.
Approval of the return is at the sole discretion of Fiskars. If approved the product will be repaired or replaced by a similar product solely discretional upon Fiskars. In the case of discontinued models, the faulty item will be replaced with the most similar model from the current range.
Fiskars is not liable for incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, including without limitation, damage to, or loss of use of, any equipment, lost sales or profits or delay or failure to perform this Warranty obligation.
This Warranty provided by the manufacturer is additional to and has no effect on warranties provided by the reseller nor does it restrict or replace any legal warranties that a Customer might be entitled to pursuant to the national legislation.
The replacement or repair of the product shall not extend the term of the original warranty.
Fiskars Finland Oy Ab
Hämeentie 135 A, PL 130