This is a fun, creative idea to announce a new home using something that all of us use every day - Google! Celebrate your new space with friends and family with DIY cards customized with a map of your new home.
Craft the Perfect Moving Announcements with these Simple and Creative Cards
1. Google your new address and click on the "map view". Then take a screenshot of the map. Resize and print the map to fit the greeting card size that you'd like to mail. Then trim down to size using the SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer. I used a standard #10 sized envelope, so my cards were 4" x 9.25".
2. Print or hand write a greeting and your new address onto a secondary card of colored cardstock and trim down to fit your choice of greeting card size.
3. Print or hand write the words "We've Moved!" onto cardstock.Use The Original Orange-handled Scissors™ to trim the printed phrases into strips to fit in the Tag Maker punch. Then punch the sentiments out using the Standard/Scallop Double Tag Maker design. The awesome thing about this tool is that it contains everything you need to make a tag, including the hole punch and eyelet setter!
4. Slip each tag into the slot on the front of the punch and press the lever to create the perfect hole.
5. Add an eyelet to the hole and use the eyelet setter underneath the lever to set the eyelet. This is the best part of the punch!
6. Adhere the printed map onto the colored cardstock using your favorite adhesive.
7. To finish the design, use twine or ribbon to tie your "We've Moved!" tag onto the card.
Then send these off to your friends and family, who are sure to be impressed by your creative talent!