This no-sew DIY fringed clutch is the perfect project for a beginner or expert looking to incorporate catwalk trends into their handmade accessories.
DIY No-Sew Clutch
1. Begin by trimming the vinyl material to a rectangle measuring 11" x 23" using the Amplify Fabric Shears. These shears are designed to make quick and clean cuts on heavyweight materials, such as vinyl. Taper one end of the rectangle to a point by folding the short ends to a triangle and glue the material. Cut a small slot for a button about 2" away from the point where the materials gather.
2. Fold the fabric rectangle, that is left underneath the triangle, in half so that the pointed end is on the top to create an 'envelope' style opening. Use bulldog clips to hold the vinyl in place at the two sides.
3. Use a barrel knife, or heavy-duty needle to pierce holes down the two sides of the purse about 1/2" apart. Thread leather twine through the holes to sew the purse together.
4. Add holes along the bottom folded edge about 1/4" apart. Add a fringed hem to the purse by cutting 13" lengths of leather twine and tying each one individually through the holes.
5. To finish your fringed clutch, stitch a button to the vinyl to fasten through the slot created.