General warranty provisions
The *4th generation of Fiskars X-series axes and Norden axes have been crafted by using advanced technical manufacturing and materials. Our products are carefully tested and perform excellently for the activities and environments they were created for. Sometimes no matter how careful we are, errors may occur in the manufacturing process. To ensure that our customers will have the best possible usage experience, we provide a twenty-five (25) years international limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship on the 4th generation Fiskars X-series axes and Fiskars Norden axes.
The warranty period of twenty-five (25) years begins at the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is valid exclusively in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Kazakhstan. This warranty is only valid via web registration (www.fiskars.eu/warranty) of the product within thirty (30) days after the purchase.
This warranty is additional to and has no effect on warranties provided by the reseller nor does it affect any legal rights that you might be entitled pursuant to applicable mandatory national legislation.
Warranty exclusions and limitations
The warranty does not apply:
- when products are used for commercial, professional or hire purposes;
- to products that have been subject to modifications or repairs or repair attempts not authorized by Fiskars.
The warranty does not cover defects or damage attributable to or resulting from:
- normal wear and tear (such as scratches or abrasions);
- possible changes to the visual appearance of the product, if they do not affect the product functionality;
- abuse, rough handling, negligence or accident, e.g. hitting, knocking, dropping or crushing;
- use contrary to intended or recommended use;
- extreme temperatures (such as heat, flame or continuous heat above +40 degrees Celsius or under -30 degrees Celsius);
- failure to adhere to appropriate care such as cleaning the product after use and storing away from weather and direct sunlight;
- improper or insufficient care or storage (such as rusting or alteration in color);
- the use of unsuitable cleaning methods or substances, e.g. acids or solvents;
- exposure to particularly aggressive or corrosive climates (such as marine or industrial or constant contact with water, chemicals, ash, cement or dust).
Obtaining warranty service
Warranty claims must be submitted in writing together with the faulty product to the nearest Fiskars Customer Care during the warranty period and within thirty (30) days from the time the defect is or should have been discovered. The claim must include the owner’s name, address and telephone number, date of the purchase, nature of the defect and the date when it was first discovered.
Approval of the warranty claim is at the sole discretion of Fiskars. If approved, the product will, at the sole discretion of Fiskars, be either repaired or replaced by a similar product. In the case of discontinued models, the defective product will be replaced with the most similar model from the current range. The replacement or repair of the product shall not extend the original warranty period.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Fiskars shall not under any circumstances be liable for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages, or for any damage to or loss of use of any equipment, loss of profit, productivity, functionality, business, contracts, sales, revenues or anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses, or delay or failure to perform the warranty service.
Fiskars Finland Oy Ab
Hämeentie 135 A, PL 130
*A 4th generation Fiskars X-series axe can be recognised from the 13 digit serial number found on the back side of the axe. After the first letter the of the serial number, the code should continue with one of the following combinations: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG, AH, AI
E.g The following serial number contains the combination ”AD” that confirms that the product is a 4th generation Fiskars X-series axe: EADL6234234237