Perfect the paper peony flower with this simple-to-use peony template from the Fiskars® Lia Griffith collection. This satisfying DIY includes tips and tricks straight from the Lia Griffith Design studio! Enjoy!
How To Make A Paper Peony
1. Gather your tools and materials. To begin this project, you'll need paper, glue and Fiskars® Lia Griffith tools. Gather everything together and get ready to start crafting!
2. Cut out your petals. Using the Pink Hibiscus crepe paper, cut out nine petals using the 4A template, six petals using the 4B template, four petals using the 4C template, and 12 petals using the 4D template
The Fiskars® Lia Griffith Create Non-Stick Scissors will work well for this step. You'll be saving a few of these to make a peony bud after the flower is complete.
4. Prepare your flower center. Using the Chiffon crepe paper, cut out one 4G shape. Next, use the marker to color the top ¼ of the strip and then cut along the side that was marked using the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Pinking Shears.
5. Prepare to adhere your flower center. Use the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Hot Glue Gun to glue the bottom edge of the fringe, rolling the fringe around itself and gluing it into place as you roll. Then, curl the tip of the wire with the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Wire Cutter/Pliers Combo and glue the foam ball onto the curled tip.
6. Assemble your flower center. Using your glue gun, cover the foam ball with one of the pink hibiscus 4C petals you cut in Step 2. You may need to stretch the petal slightly to cover the entire ball.
7. Add your fringed center. Push the wire through the top of the foam ball and place the fringed center on top. Then, glue the bottom of the fringe to the ball.
8. Curl your petals. Curl the top and bottoms of all the petals and leaves using the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Paper Curler. Then, gently stretch the crepe paper petals using your fingers.
9. Adhere your petals. Using the hot glue gun, glue the nine 4A petals in Pink Hibiscus to the bottom of the foam ball. Space them evenly around the flower center. Then, do the same gluing six of the 4D petals in Pink Hibiscus to the bottom of the foam ball, again evenly spacing them around the center. Follow suit with the six 4B petals and the remaining six 4D petals.
10. Adhere your leaves. Glue one of the 4C leaves to the base of the flower around the wire, followed by two of the 4E leaves.
11. Glue leaves together. Glue a wire between the two 4F leaves.
12. Finish your flower. Wrap the stem of the flower with floral tape, then wrap the stem of the leaf with floral tape along with the flowers stem to attach the two together.
How To Make A Peony Flower Bud:
Add some extra charm to your peony bouquet by creating little peony buds to accompany the big and beauty blooms!
1. To begin making the bud, glue a foam ball to the end of a wire using the hot glue gun.
2. Then, glue the three remaining 4C petals in hibiscus pink around the foam ball. Cover the top of the ball and overlap them around it.
3. Glue the three remaining 4C leaves cut out of the Juniper crepe paper around the base of the foam ball, overlapping them as you glue.
4. Glue the two remaining 4E leaves out of the same Juniper colored crepe paper to the base of the foam ball and on the wire.
5. Wrap the buds stem with floral tape.