We're happy to have you on board!
Whether it is your go-to bag for shopping or a gift for someone, this simple and chic crossbody purse is a great bag for everyday of the year.
1. Cut 1 piece of outer fabric measuring 13" x 36" and 1 piece of lining fabric measuring 13" x 23" using the 12" x 12" Rotary Cutter and Ruler Combo.
2. Pin the top short edge of the bag's outer layer and the top short edge of the lining together with right sides facing each other and sew.
3. Press the seam allowance towards the lining and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the bottom short fabric edges.
4. With the right sides of both fabrics facing each other, lay the lining on top and fold the bottom short edge so that 1" of the outer fabric is visible along the bottom and pin in place.
5. Spread the fabrics flat with your hand. In addition to the 1" of outer fabric visible along the bottom edge, there will also be 6" of outer fabric visible along the top edge.
6. Cut 2 strips of scrap fabric and thread through metal bag loops. Pin the folded strips between the bag outer and bag lining about 1" down from the start of the bag outer. Sandwich the loops between the layers of fabric.
7. Sew the long sides of the bag outer and bag lining together being sure to catch the bag loops in your stitches. Leave a 6" turning hole in one of the sides.
8. Trim the seam allowance and turn the bag so the right sides of the fabric are facing out, poking out the corners.
9. Insert snap into the center of the top flap.
10. Hand-stitch opening closed.
11. Fold up the bottom edge of the bag by about 11." Pin in place and sew the side seams together to finish the bag.
12. Insert bag snap into the bottom part of the bag at the point it meets the snap in the bag flap. Complete the purse by clipping a cross body leather strap to the bag loops.