Everyone loves a bouquet of flowers – why not create one that lasts! Follow the simple step-by-step instructions to craft your own stunning paper rose. This tutorial includes tips and tricks, even an easy how-to video, straight from the Lia Griffith Design Studio so it's never been easier to dip your toe into the wonderful world of paper flower making!
How To Make A Paper Rose
1. Gather your materials. For a more involved project, it's important to have all your materials in one place before you begin. Grab you crepe paper, floral tape, wire, foam ball and Fiskars® Lia Griffith tools.
2. Cut the rose petals. Cut out six petals of the smallest size Fiskars® Lia Griffith Rose Template, then five petals of each of the other petal sizes. The variety of petal sizes helps add a lifelike appearance to your final flower.
3. Curl the rose petals. Curl the top of each petal with the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Paper Curler, creating a small point at the top center of each petal.
Next, stretch the centers of each petal to fan them out just a bit.
4. Create your flower stem. After all of your petals are ready to go, bend the end of your wire with the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Pliers and stick the wire into foam ball. Use the Fiskars® Lia Griffith Hot Glue Gun to make sure the two pieces are secure.
5. Adhere the rose petals. Glue three of the smallest petals around attached ball so that they are overlapping to make a point. The ball shouldn't show through.
6. Continue gluing petals to your rose base. Glue the rest of the petals from smallest to largest around the glued flower base. Make sure to stager the petals for a more realistic look.
7. Glue together your leaf. Glue either sides of leaf together with floral wire between.
8. Cover your rose stem and assemble. Use floral tape to cover flower stem and the stem of the leaves. Using the same tape, attach the leaves to the stem of flower. Stage your bouquet and have a happy day!