Keep your weekly meal plan organized in style with this fun and easy DIY menu block idea. In less than 30 minutes, this menu display will show your family what to expect for dinner while helping you plan it all out. Not making dinner? Add that to the block too!
DIY Weekly Meal Planning Board
1. Paint or stain a block of wood to your desired color or leave it natural.
2. Next, punch out at least seven tags using the Tag Thick Materials Shape Punch (Large) out of heavy cardstock. Get creative with using different colors for the weekend meals or other categories of meals.
3. Punch a hole in the top of each tag using the 1/8" Circle Hand Punch.
4. On each tag, write what is on the menu for that night. If you regularly make the same meals, you don't have to throw out these tags. You can recycle them and use them week after week. Make a tag for regular meals and special nights, then when that's on the menu, you already have a tag made up for it!
5. Lay out the tags on your block of wood, evenly spaced, and mark where each nail should go. Hammer the nails in. Try using small copper upholstery nails for added character.
6. Add a letter for the day of the week above each nail using a paint pen or chalk marker. Write "weekly menu" on the top of the block.
7. Display the menu block in your kitchen for a preview of the week's dinner ideas.
Get your kids involved and let them choose the meals and which days they will be served to get them excited about dinner!