Making your own wedding invites and thank you cards is a delightful task when you a few versatile tools and simple techniques that save you time while still allowing you to add your own personal style. Also, creating your thank-you's when making your invites will make sending them out after the big day much easier.
DIY Wedding Invitations & Thank You Notes Ideas
1. First, use your computer to create your layout and add in all the important details. Print onto cardstock in your wedding colors, and use the ProCision trimmer to cut each invite and thank you card to 4.75" x 6.75"
2. Use the ProCision™ Trimmer to cut contrast cardstock to 5" x 7" to use as backing for the invites. This trimmer is able to cut through multiple sheets of cardstock at once, which is a huge time saver when making invites by hand.
3. Use stamps to add texture and detail. Place the floral stamp from the Celebrate Family Clear Stamp Set on an acrylic stamp block, pat with an embossing pad and stamp on to the bottom of the invitations.
4. Sprinkle the embossing powder over the stamped area, shake off the excess and blast with a heat tool to set. Mount the invitations to the trimmed contrast cardstock.
Create a tag embellishment by using the trimmer to cut small strips of cardstock and adding your wedding date using the easy stamp press.
6. Use the gridlines on the stamp press to help you line up the design so that it is centered on every tag you make.
7. Once you have placed your stamps on the press and added ink, just turn it over and stamp on your tag. Save time by having several tags lined up to stamp.
8. Use the circle hand punch to add a small hole to the top of your tag, and tie to outside of your envelope with twine. Add a small hole and a length of twine to your tag. Tie your tag to the outside of your envelope package.