We're happy to have you on board!
These fabric D-ring belt are a cinch (pun intended) to make and will interest to any wardrobe.
1. Begin by cutting a 6 inch wide strip of fabric.
2. For the length, add 2 inches to your desired finished belt length. Fiskars Orange-Handled Scissors™ are wonderful for cutting fabric.
3. Fold the fabric strip in half (wrong sides together) and press with an iron.
4. Unfold the creased fabric strip and fold one side in to almost reach the middle line and press with an iron. Repeat the fold on the other side.
5. Fold this strip in half again and press with an iron.
6. Unfold one end of the strip and fold in 1/4 inch of fabric and press with an iron.
7. Refold end of strip and press.
8. Top stitch around entire strip with a sewing machine.
9. On the unfinished end of the belt, fold over 1/2 inch of fabric.
10. Fold that over another 1.25 inches inserting two 1.5 inch metal D-rings inside as shown.
11. Stitch two lines as shown to secure closed.