Is it a quilt? Is it a pillow? No, it's a quillow!
How to Sew Your Own Camping Quillow
Camping quillows are blankets that fold into their own pocket and transform into a pillow. Made of soft cozy fleece, they are a kid's camping essential.
1. Using your 10" Amplify® RazorEdge Fabric Shears, cut a piece of fleece and a piece of heavy-weight cotton fabric each measuring 42" x 68" for the quilt.
2. Using your 10" Amplify® Fabric Shears, cut a piece of fleece and a piece of heavy weight cotton fabric each measuring 15" x 15" for the pocket.
3. Pin the two pocket pieces together with right sides facing together. Sew the two fabrics together around the four sides with a ½" seam allowance, leaving a 6" hole for turning, in one of the sides.
4. Clip corners and trim seam allowance, then turn the pocket right sides out through the turning hole.
5. Find the center point along the bottom edge of the pocket and find the center point along one 42" edge of the large cut piece of fleece. Match the centers on both pieces of fabric together and pin the pocket piece to the 42" x 68" piece of fleece 1" above the raw edge of the fleece and leaving the top edge unpinned.
6. Sew the pocket to the piece of fleece, closing the turning hole in the pocket as you do so. Leave the top edge of the pocket un-sewn as this will be the pocket opening. Reinforce the top corners of the pocket at the opening with triangle stitching lines.
7. Pin the 42" x 68" piece of heavy-weight cotton fabric to the fleece with the right side of the print facing the pocket side of the fleece. Sew the cotton print to the fleece around the four sides with a ½" seam allowance, leaving an 8" turning hole in one side.
8. Clip corners and trim seam allowance. Turn blanket to the right sides. Pin the turning hole closed and topstitch around the entire perimeter of the blanket, closing the hole as you do so.
To fold the quillow into a pillow, lay the blanket down with the pocket side on the bottom. Fold the long sides into thirds so that the blanket is now the same width as the pocket. Fold the short end (opposite end of the pocket) in half twice. Flip the quillow over so that the pocket is now facing you. Reach into the bottom of the pocket and pull the entire quillow through the pocket, turning the pocket inside out as you do so.