June 10, 2020- July 8, 2020 – Winners announced July 22, 2020
Rules of Participation
- Deadline. Application for a 2020 Project Orange Thumb® Grant must be received by Fiskars Brands, Inc. before 12:00 pm CST on July 8, 2020. Applications received after 12:00 p.m. Central Time on July 8, 2020 will not be considered.
- Eligibility. Application for award of a Teacher Grant in the 2020 Project Orange Thumb® Teacher Grant Program is open (a) to preschool through 6th grade teachers in North America. Previous Project Orange Thumb® Teacher Grant recipients are not eligible. Limit one application per teacher.
- Applications. Applicants must apply using the form available at http://www2.fiskars.com/Community/Project-Orange-Thumb. All requested information must be provided, and incomplete applications will not be considered. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting applicants with missing information. All submitted materials become property of Fiskars and will not be returned.
- Grant awards. Approximately 25 Teacher Grant awards will be made. Each award will consist of $500 in gift cards and Fiskars® items totaling $250 ARV (total of $750 ARV).
- Selection of Grant recipients. Applications will be evaluated and potential Grant recipients chosen by a panel of judges comprising Fiskars Brands, Inc. personnel. The objectives of the Grant Program are as follows.
The Project Orange Thumb® Teacher Grant Program is intended to recognize teachers who share a passion for fostering creativity through hands-on learning and providing a positive learning environment that sets students up for success.
In light of those objectives, applications will be evaluated by the judges based on the following criteria: (i) adherence to all application and eligibility requirements; (ii) adherence to overall objectives; (iii) initial impression; (iv) overall plans to use grant. Applications that fail to address any portion of the objectives are not eligible. The applications ranked highest by the judges will be designated as potential Grant recipients, subject to verification of eligibility and programming to the extent Sponsor deems necessary, and subject to final Sponsor approval.
The strongest applications generally are those that include the most detail and information as to how the teacher plans to build a positive learning community in their classroom. The possibility of being awarded a Grant depends on the number and quality of eligible applications received. Approximately 1700 applications were received in the 2019 Program for 50 available Teacher Grants. Decision of the Sponsor in all matters is final. Sponsor reserves the right to overrule judges and disqualify any potential Grant recipient whose application does not reflect Sponsor’s reputation in the marketplace for honesty, integrity, community service and value or which for any other reason Sponsor in its sole discretion deems objectionable or not in keeping with the objectives of the Program. All entries become the sole property of Fiskars Brands, Inc. and will not be returned.
- List of Teacher Grant awards. A list of recipients for 2020 Teacher Grants and previous years Garden Grants will be available at the Project Orange Thumb® website at http://www2.fiskars.com/Activities/Project-Orange-Thumb/ after July 22, 2020.
- Publicity Release. As a condition of awarding a Grant, the accepting organization agrees to allow Sponsor to use, in whole or in part, the organization’s name, its address, the fact that a Grant was awarded, and the organization’s application for purposes of advertising and trade in any and all media now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity, without limitation or further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. The accepting organization must further agree to allow media invited by Sponsor to view and report on activities related to the Grant and to allow reporting on Sponsor’s collaboration and that of any other supporters or corporate sponsors.
If needed Fiskars has your permission to refer to the information in this application in our grant writing, outreach and website to achieve the resources necessary to implement the project.
- Notification and acceptance. Potential Grant recipients will be notified on or before July 22, 2020 by email to the email address provided during the application process and must provide acceptance and a publicity release in the forms indicated. If these and other documents reasonably requested by Sponsor are not returned within 30 calendar days of notification being sent, Sponsor may disqualify that potential recipient and select another. Sponsor reserves the right to verify identity and eligibility of potential recipient at any time before the award is made and to withdraw the award, even if announced, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion circumstances so indicate. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify or award potential recipients.
- Additional terms and conditions. By participating in this Program, each applicant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Rules of Participation and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Program. In the event a Grant recipient is found to be in violation of any of these rules, it will be required to forfeit the Grant or to reimburse the Sponsor for the stated value of the Grant. Sponsor reserves the right to alter or terminate this Program at Sponsor’s sole discretion in the event of extreme, unexpected or unusual circumstances that compromise the integrity or intended administration of the Program.
- Release of Liability. Applicant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and any participating retailers, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, and promotional and other vendor agencies, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from and against any and all claims, damages and liability of any kind arising from or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the application for, acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Grant or participation in the Program or in any Grant-related activities, and assumes all liability in connection therewith. Applicant agrees Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be held liable for any technical problems, delays, errors, omissions, false notifications of Grant awards or damage to computer equipment of any sort.
- Further information. Questions regarding Grants, or the application process can be directed to email@example.com or 866-348-5661.
- The Project Orange Thumb® Grant Program is sponsored by Fiskars Brands, Inc., 7800 Discovery Drive, Middleton, WI 53562.